Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's Over!!

2008 is over and I can only say I'm glad to see the back of it.

I started the year recovering from breast cancer
In february I was told I could no longer do my job and had to take a secondment into a new job in the legal team (way out of my comfort zone)
I spent about 4 months training away from home.
My dear Uncle was diagnosed with bowel and lung cancer so I went to care for my Aunt who had a stroke 3 weeks before his surgery. (Away from home). His surgery for bowel cancer was successful but there is nothing they can do for the lung cancer.
A week later I was called to hospital here at home as my Dad had had a fall a week earlier (my mum had said he would recover). He was going into a coma and ten days later he passed away. There is nothing to describe losing someone who as been a big part of your life whether it be a friend or family. I know I'm not alone but it is the pits!
Three days after his funeral my Aunt had a heart attack so I went back to help my Uncle through this. She was eventually transferred to a rest home and died a month ago. Aunt and Uncle have always been like my second Mum and Dad and even though it was hard to watch Aunty dying at least she knew who I was and could communicate. I feel happy she will be with Dad and she knew how much I loved her.
I have put on 12 kgs (which takes me back to the heaviest I have ever been) grrrr!!!!!

Today is another year. And it's going to be a good one. My birthday is 9, my Dad's birthday was 9, and I live at No 9. It's time to enjoy life and make the best out of every situation.
I will start looking after myself, healthwise and emotionally.
I will visit Mum, my Uncle and all my children and grandchildren more often.
But I will make more time for the things I enjoy in life like sewing, friends, movies and having fun.

2009 and to celebrate I'm off to sew with three of my close sewing buddies. A shared lunch.. better move it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU AND A WONDERFUL YEAR IT'S GOING TO BE!

1 comment:

carole brungar said...

Hi Karen! Hope 2009 is a fantastic year for you! If you have a positive attitude I am sure it will be!
I look forward to following your creative journey!
Carole