Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blue Skies , Sunburn and Smiles

what a great weekend. It started in Woodville watching my grandson racing in the motorcross on Saturday morning. I only saw the first race as I had to carry on to Napier but it is so emotional seeing these little people from 4 years of age, racing hard out on something twice their size.

He just gives it all he can and again, second time in 3 months he came 9th in his class. Which is 9th in New Zealand... I am such a proud Nan! The weather was so hot and dry all weekend. I then drove up to Napier to babysit my two youngest grandchildren while the others went to Crusty Demons. I had a brilliant time with my granddaughter whose nearly 5 going on 25 years and Alex who's 3. We covered canvases with some scraps of fabric that were around diecuts. They cut them into little pieces and then we ironed them down and stretched them over the canvas. The kids get bored easily so this was a quick and easy project that kept them both amused till bedtime.

No 1 grandson, 13, had a great time at the show. He's mad on Mountainbiking - I just hope he doesnt try any backward flips.

And I saw 3 quilt shops on the way. Clare Moore in Waipukurau has a fantastic collection of fabrics. I could have stayed for ages but after 1 fat quarter and 4 fat eighths I left. In Dartmoor Road, Puketapu, not far from this statue carved out of a tree trunk13 minutes from Taradale I found Riverside Wineries which also is a Quilt shop but not open on Sundays.. but then I went to J and J Handcrafts in Greenmeadows which is open Saturday and Sunday 10-3pm. Hmm, I dont think it'll be the last time I go there!!








2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Glad that you and your Mum had a great weekend in Napier looking after your grandchildren.

Also neat that you could visit some Quilting shops, alway a bonus.

Have a great Monday.
Hugs
Carolyn

Chris H said...

The first photo is awesome! Almost makes me feel homesick... .NAH... I take that back! I love it here!