Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'm famous

My bra bag featured on the Selvege Blog this week.  Karen Griska wrote the book where I first got the idea of using selveges in quilts etc.  Today I received a parcel of selveges from Karen.  I entered a competiton on her blog....    http://selvageblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/karen-jones-selvage-bra.html 

Aren't they gorgeous???  I must have a look for Moda Fabrics as the selveges are so pretty and colourful.  Gumboots, Suns, Leafs. I've never seen anything like it on fabrics here in NZ.  Thank you so much Karen.  Remember if you're saving your selveges to leave about 1/2 inch at least of the print fabric so that you have a bit of colour between them.

Check out Karen's new blog too.  There's an online quilt gallery too.   http://quiltdujour.blogspot.com/2010/05/little-dress.html

I've finished two more swap blocks, one of a Kiwiquilters swap and another for retreat this weekend. 

This is one I posted away yesterday.  I didn't make them all but the bottom right one I did.  There are four other ladies in the swap so the owner will get quite a variety back. I didn't like any of the fabrics I used, they were in my ugly pile.  But when you make it up and put them with others they don't look half bad!!!


Right I'm off to cut up some squares for an eye spy quilt.  My neighbours are expecting their first grandchild soon, a little boy, so I'm making a quilt for them to have around when he comes to visit.

3 comments:

Barb said...

You are right about the Moda salvages...

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Congratulations! the Moda selvages are wonderful and what great colours.
The bra bag so deserved to be featured, that is great!

Happy weekend.
Hugs
Carolyn

Julz said...

Hi Karen, I have to say your log cabin salvage quilt which you showed at CQ was what inspired me to start saving salvages, and I bludge them off everyone I can! Not sure what I'll make with them yet, though found through your site the Salvage Blog and that will provide lots of ideas. I found your blog through Mrs C :) Hugs Jx