Friday, May 14, 2010

A WINNING bag out of a bra!!!

And it won!  The challenge was to make a bag out of a bra.  This was my entry judged today as the winner (there were only five entries sad to say) and all gorgeous.
I've used selvege wording on mine (as I would being the selvege queen) all with innuendo's of boobs and bras.  The one's you can't see are Dimples, Cabin Fever, Girlie Girls, and more. It wasn't easy sewing them on.. I should have spent more time and done them by hand but it will only be an ornament!
I had to put the red button here because stoopid me tried to iron the selveges straight onto the bra and it melted!!  But the little cream selvege says Cherry Hill so worked out well.  I had a lot of fun making it but why do I suddenly get the ideas at the last minute.  I so don't do late nights or early mornings.. 2am to bed, 7.30 up again.  Dumb. 
This is my lovely friend Mrs C's entry called Cherries on Top.  She can use this bag.. it is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous .. so much talent and hard work.  I was thrilled when Mrs C won a prize for best first time entrant quilt.   

This was my other challenge entry.  Remember I showed you the fabric.  Well you had to make a quilt less than a metre square using that fabric.  Mine needed quilting in the centres but I want to get that professionally done and I'm going to undo the binding and add on borders using quilt as you go method. 
And these are some of the other beautiful entries. 
I'll post the winners photos tomorrow night.  For now it's time for bed.  I have a heap of housework to catch up on tomorrow before my friend Jennie arrives from PN.  And Sunday my best friend Carol is coming to the show.  I am so looking forward to this weekend. 

10 comments:

tizart said...

That so cool!!! Just love it!!! I do hope you get a prize!!!
Liz

Chris H said...

Hee hee, love it! Well done.

carole brungar said...

You are such a clever cookie Karen!! Love your bag, hope you won!!

Chris H said...

Congrats on the win you clever Tart!

tizart said...

Congratulations!!! I new you had a winner!!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Congratulations!!! your bra bag is fabulous and so really glad you won, you so deserve that as it is great.

Hugs
Carolyn

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Congratulations on the selvage bra bag- very creative and cute!

Leeann said...

Congrats Karen, I saw your Bra bag on selvage Blog so I had to come and say good on you. You are now famous! :-)
The bags looks great pleased you won. Are you going to use it? Would be a good conversion starter, especially on public transport!

Helen said...

Great news Karen, love the bra bag and thanks for the piccies of the other entries.

Sue McGettigan said...

Love the bra - I saw it on the Selvage Blog - so cool!