Sunday, May 23, 2010

Eye Spy

Yesterday I went to Capital Quilters Retreat for the day.  I had a really neat time and got to know a few more members.  I made four more blocks for my challenge quilt (which I'm making bigger) and then I started the eye spy for my neighbours first grandchild due anytime soon.  The baby is a boy and I thought I'd make a real eye spy (only one fabric repeated) for the grandparents to have at their house when the baby visits. 

Last week Ady and Lisa shared some of their children's fabrics so it hasn't cost me anything.  I've ended up with enough squares for the top and four rows for the back which I'll also fill in with the black sports fabric in top left of bottom section.   Grandad to be loves his sport and evidently so does their son. 



I have squares to represent most things.. Grandad and Dad played  rugby, Grandma loves Christmas, Dad took a buzzy bee with him when he worked overseas.. even a square for me in bottom right  - the quilter!  There is a square for my neighours two cats and a dog for the other grandparents to be (the dog is in the rain which it often does here in Windy Welly.. hehe!

Aren't fabrics gorgeous.  I love scrappy because there's always something you didn't notice last time (taking a photo first is a really good idea  I can see a few that need changing around to balance the colours.. . )

3 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

It's gorgeous! I realise how much I missed out on, having my bac to most of the room I didn't get to see so much of what other people were working on. Must remember for next time! Nice place eh :)

Barb said...

What a fun quilt....

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

This is a lovely quilt and what a fun thing to do to play Eyespy with all these wonderful blocks. I love this idea.

I hope that you are having a great week and it is not too cold down there. It is very cold and wet up here.
Hugs
Carolyn