Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My healthy heart

I went to PN today and had the echo scan which showed my heart is very healthy. In fact the technician was sick so a Cardiologist did the scan and she said my heart is "PERFECT"..(she also told me to look after it and lose weight and have less stress..so she's not stupid hmmm. I knew that)

It's a huge relief. An HUGE relief. She said chest xray's are not reliable and my heart isn't even enlarged!!??? What do you rely on these days??

I don't blame my Dr for being cautious though. I am very overweight and have been under enormous stress the last two years so a likely candidate for heart attack or stroke. (Whoops she didn't rule out Angina.. I have to have a exercise test to rule that out.. but I'm not going to pay for it. I'll wait and I'll get fit and slimmer slowly but surely.

I am just relieved that the chest pain and breathlessness I've been having is just due to stress at work and seasonal asthma (which is what I thought I had anyway).

And today my heart goes out to my dear friend at Little Bear Studio. Carolyn and I grew up next door to each other till we both left home. Sadly her dear Dad passed away yesterday from cancer. Nothing makes it easier to lose a loved one even when they're suffering. It's a relief to know they are at peace but it's still final. REST IN PEACE UNCLE ALLAN. (We grew up calling our neighbours who were wonderful friends.. aunties and uncles as a sign of respect.. and I still think of them all that way.)

It was another lifetime living when we were children, in our street. We went to one neighbour to get our teeth pulled out or have our hair cut, our Mum's met for morning tea's and knitting!! we skipped on the street because the cars were much slower... we used to go on bike rides and be away most of the day.. our parent's didn't worry till dark. But my Mum is the only one that's still living in the same place.

And it is nearly a year since my own Dad left us.. how fast it's gone and yet he is around me everyday. Every rose bud, every sunny day, the views of the hills... he saw the beauty in everything and I think of him everytime I see something beautiful, in fact I think of him everyday. I still miss him dearly.

I love Josh Groban's song " To Where You Are" which we played at his service
"Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory, so clear
Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be (?)
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away not far
To where you are
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen
As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave
Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away not far
To where you are
I know you're there
A breath away not far
To where you are

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Karen,

thanks so much dear friend for your words of comfort.
Glad to hear that you got the okay at the Doctors.
I like your new duvet and glad that you had a good time in Hamilton.
Sorry I have not been around much.

Sending hugs for you and your family at this time, the year seems to have gone fast.

Hugs
Carolyn xo