Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WOW

I went to the Wearable Arts Show last night and it was WOW! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I guess I didn't know what to expect but it far exceeded my expectations. I am so wrapped I won tickets!

The kids got through on Friday and we've had a lovely (but busy and noisy) few days haha. They grow up so fast. My 14 year old grandson is so COOL!! He has grown heaps and has a neat sense of humour and a great attitude (at the moment). He loved his quilt and thanked me over and over. Did the dishes, helped out and him and I had a lot of chats. I took a neat photo of him with his quilt and will put it on here tomorrow night.

Right now I'm off to bed. I feel like I need to sleep for a week. How I managed as a young Mum I'll never know.. but then maybe that's the difference..I was young then too.

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

So glad that you enjoyed the Wearable Arts show. I saw the wooden garment that won. ( it was amazing)
It must have been fun to see.
That is lovely that you finished Georges quilt and what a lucky boy, he is.
We are tired too, I think it is day light saving - we are getting up at 5 am now, instead of 6.

Hugs
Carolyn

Helen said...

That snow was just amazing. We went to Quilt Retreat at Parklee last weekend and it was just mind-boggling to see snow on the Ruahines and Tararuas underneath the windmills as we drove towards Fielding. Summer is coming (sos they say!)