Wednesday, September 9, 2009

another lucky find

I need to meet someone who has lunch at the same time as me!!
It is oh so dangerous going to the Hospice Shop (for something to do)...

Today I found this.. a Lazy Susan - I've been looking for one for years. Sadly it's made of Rimu and in excellent condition so too good to cover up and glue a cutting board on it. but I'll back the cutting board with felt or that non-slip matting and then the board will stay on top. Why do I need one because when you're cutting squares or rectangles you don't need to move the fabric... just turn, turn, turn and turn and it's cut.... Perfect!!

Unfortunately it means it''s less money I can spend in Hamilton but I really don't need any more fabric.. so I'll just enjoy myself with my friends. I CAN'T WAIT, I CAN'T WAIT, I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!! After four and a half years I'm going back to see my friend Myra and others in Hamilton. Two more sleeps!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Now that's an interesting use for a lazy susan! I have one too... Hmmmmmm!
Have fun in Hamilton. I got lots of material!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, I'd probably put that on the counter of my kitchen, just to hold salt, sugar etc. Beautiful.