Monday, December 14, 2009

Footprints

Don't ya just love that Footprints poem.. you know about some people come into your life for a reason...
I got this lovely warm and fuzzy email from a colleague today...
"I love the Forest Gump theory.. life is like a box of chocolates, and ya never know what yer gonna git!  The beautiful thing about you is that you're a Caramel chockky with a 'soft centre'. Delicimo on the outside and even more beautiful on the inside.  Never give up being as flavoursome a personality as you are, and never allow anyone to crush your heart or spirit.. cause you deserve to be treated like the Princess you are."

Well yeah, it's warm and fuzzy but old chooks need that now and again. Sadly he's been pushed into leaving the company.  I wish him and his family well and I'm sure he'll find another job soon where he will be treated also with the respect he deserves.


Here are the two little bags I've made for his little girls, 6 and 4.  They're not quite finished yet but tomorrow night.  Will have to be in the post by the end of the week.  I've just finished quilting the 5 flowers on top.  2 more to go and then I'll put buttons in the middle and sew them on.. And then all finished.  I just wanted to do something because he has been a great person to work with and a good friend. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, that is lovely Karen. I'm sure well deserved too.

I love the little bags you have made for the girls. Very cute.

Chris H said...

Oh that's sad.. I hope Stew didn't do the pushing!