Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mobile Phone Withdrawal

Seems like ages since I"ve been in to check blogs.. so busy sewing my bag.. changing my mind.. resewing.. unpicking.. but it's looking good.

My daughter has a daily column on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Six-Week-Mobile-Free-Zone

She has decided to try and go without her mobile for 6 weeks and is only up to Day 3 and feeling really cut off. Not sure I'd miss mine but I don't get many messages .. use it mainly for the time and making calls when I'm lost or want to call in and see someone and as a calender for birthdays.

Nette uses hers a lot more.. it's her diary, She can look at her work email and appointments. She's got heaps of friends and she's young. I think even though she's finding it hard she'll make it because she's stubborn so if anyone says she won't make it SHE WILL!

Sorry this is short and sweet but I only have two weeks left to finish this bag! I often wonder why I start these projects but in the end I'll be really pleased.

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

I could do without mine, I so often do not hear it in my handbag or leave it at home or don't have it charged.
They are handy to have sometimes.
Good luck, Annette.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

lesthook said...

I just e-mailed you to let you know I recieved my prize. Thank you!!!1