Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm starving!!!

Geez, this is horrid. It is nearly 3pm and I am starving. I have another 24 hours before I can eat food!!!! My last meal was all white food as it has been the last 4 days......rice and fish followed by creamed rice at 6pm last night. I'm finally having a cholonoscopy tomorrow to rule out Bowel Cancer so it is worth it but this is hard yakka. I'm being 100% positive and have had times today when I think I should cancel it because I'll be okay but the surgeon said in December I needed one so .....


The diet sheet says I can drink beer.. I'm wondering if I drank enough I would feel happy and not hungry haha! But I'd probably fall over and break my leg, knowing me.

Why is it that when you can't eat food, every programme, every advert on tv, or in a magazine is about fillet steak, beef burgers and chocolate!! I'd love some broccoli, or cornflakes even!


Well, I need to go to the supermarket and buy ginger ale and more clear soup (oh and barley sugars which is all I'm allowed after 11am tomorrow......Grrr I know I'm gonna smell the hot chickens today haha.






23 hours and 55 mins and counting!!






1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

So sorry what you are going through.
I have two friends on the Island that had to have colostomy operations last year and are now well again.

Thinking of you Karen and I hope that everything goes well for you.

Hugs
Carolyn