Monday, March 28, 2011

Christmas already??

Well, no, it's a surprise belated Christmas present from a friend who I used to work with.  Well, actually I never met him but we talked on the phone a lot about work and I was so sad when he left.  Peter made everyone happy, made us laugh and his sense of humour was delightful. 

A gorgeous friends paperweight that jingles, a Maxwell Williams coffee mug and love that fridge magnet haha.
"Eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside"!  Love it. 
 While I'm here I thought I'd show you some quilts I saw the other day made by members of Capital Quilters.  I love Show and Tell, really great for motivation but so many choices.. I want to make them all.  Please excuse the quality of the photos - they hang in front of windows .

Great use of batiks.. Love it

I love this pattern.  The colours are gorgeous

A friend has made this one for  a charity raffle.  So cute. 


Made from left over blocks and scraps.  Waste not want not.  Fabulous.


this might be taking things too far but I have saved even the tiniest scrap of my batiks just cause!!

And now I'm using some of them.
 with this green scraps of batiks I'm going to make leaves.  I have layered them onto scrap pieces of brown batiks and put a layer of black mesh on top. the mesh has little sparkles in it and I want the leaves to glisten like spring growth.. Now I have to quilt the leaves and then cut them out.  Just little ones.

I am making a small wallhanging ( a tree) for a Doctor at the hospital who I've been seeing regularly for a few months.  She has been marvellous and now that I'm well, I want to give her something to say thank you.

But now I'm going to watch Brothers and Sisters.. yay.. Good night all.  Sweet dreams

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Love all the quilts, the one of cats is very cleverly put together.

stufenzumgericht said...

Dear Karen,
how beautiful all the quilts look - i love them all ;-) With the pattern we'll find a solution, i'll send you a mail!
Hugs from Martina