Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Special memories

I picked up my new old chair that I bought off Trade Me.  I thought I'd sand and polish it and recover it with fabric made of selveges but I think that would spoil it so one day I'll get some old style fabric and make a selvege cushion!! It reminds me of the chairs my grandmother had and it'll fit in the corner of my sewing room.  (I'm sure you won't see much of it when it's covered in fat quarters haha).

Yesterday marked the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's passing and it was no different to any other day because I miss him everyday but I think he was around looking after me.  The weather was gorgeous for once and despite my car being in the garage everything was well.  And today, wonderful news that the repairs to my car only cost 1/4 of what I'd expected.  
Guess Who.. I haven't changed much haha


My favourite photo - many years ago though!  hehe




Raising money for his granddaughter

Dame Edna.. he grew Gladioli's for a hobby!

Back to sewing.  I love my Sew Ezi table.  It's just perfect.  I'll take photos soon.  I've just about sold enough 'stuff' on Trade Me to pay for half of the table.  Way to go ah!

4 comments:

Chris H said...

That is a lovely chair. Nice to have special memories of ya Dad mate.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Sending love to you dear friend, the photos of you and your Dad are so special and were lovely to see.
Your chair is lovely and how neat that you have a new sewing table.

Have a happy Wednesday
Hugs
Carolyn

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Just looked at the photos again and see our house in the background and looks like that might be Murray standing there.
Did you hear that Tuddy Collier passed away?

Hugs
Carolyn

Chris H said...

lol... I forgot to take a photo of that card too! Darn, I almost always do too. Thanks for the tenner... it did come in handy for the medicine, which was 20! Stew is a hard case eh? Lucky I love him. Though, he didn't get ANYTHING ...yet!