Friday, July 10, 2009

Checkin in

Just a quick note before I fly off to work. I have been so tired lately, bed early and can't get up in the monring. Yesterday I slept through the alarm and woke at 7.55am.. just proved I can have a shower, wash hair, get dressed and still be at work at 8.30.

I had a visit from an old friend Linda B this week. She bought me a gorgeous cushion she's made from bits of fabric. On the back it says "Laugh until you're in stitches".
Linda doesn't do patchwork but she makes the most amazing clothes for herself. I wish I could but tent patterns only come in one shape (joiking)

I'm also allowed to choose my own farewell gift from the Club up to $50.00 .. Wicked. I didn't want fabric. I've ordered a book .. a beautiful book on Scandinavian quilts... (my ancestry) and I am going to ask everyone in the Club to put their name in it at the last meeting. Oh geez, got to go.. lump in my throat@!!! I am such a sook!!!

1 comment:

Chris H said...

What a pretty cushion. I have made masses of cushions in my day.
Sorry about the lump in your throat!
How long before you leave for Welly?
Look out for a parcel in the DX tomorrow.