Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rest and Relaxation?/

Friday Day 11.  It's taken me all day to post this as I had to download a new version of Google to do it??  So hopefully this works.

Day 10 today and I'm starting to feel like I have more energy.  I've been out to a Quilt Club tonight and there's another local one on Saturday... I had the 'dangly attachment' removed on Monday so I can go out now.  Turns out the catheter was causing all the problems but now I have to heal from the damage it did!

So what have I been doing... Resting a lot.. but having a great time slowly looking through my Patchwork Magazines from Germany.  My dear friend Martina sends them to me but you know what it's like.  You can look at a magazine over and over and always see something new.  I thought I'd share some of the gorgeous patterns in them (which I intend to make one day!!).  I've also put some more of my vintage buttons on cards in themes and I'm wrapped as they're no longer sitting in a box.

I hope to be a little more energetic over the next week and go for short walks each day, AND do some more work on my quilt..a little each day while I'm off work.

I hope you've all had a wonderful week.  The days are going too fast but only 42 days now and it'll be Easter and I'll be on holiday again with Myra.  Can't wait hehe!!
UPDATE Saturday Day 12. Found out yesterday that my employer can't pay anymore sick leave so I'm faced with going back to work this week.  I don't have any Annual Leave left apart from my trip to Myra at Easter so really don't have any choice.  So I went out to Quilt Club today and had to organise names for our bus trip to Tote and Gloat in May.  I was absolutely stuffed.  Hot, weary, pain and so tired after one hour, not sure how I'll cope with a day at work.

The one thing I've learn't from this is dont get cancer or hospital infections, you use up all your sick leave at once for 10 years!!  This op was also one I chose to have done and I probably would have put it off for a couple more months.  Because there were complications I had to have a catheta in and come home with it, but it was not good because it aggravated my bladder causing it to bleed.  HEAPs.  .  It was so incredily painful. I was so pleased to have it pulled out last Monday.  But it all takes time to recover and I think I am so tiired because of the blood loss.

However, Cinderella will be back at work on Tuesday with a fudged brain and all.  haha..

 

2 comments:

June said...

Do take care Karen, that sounds like pushing things to me. Can't you get ACC for the medical misadventure/accident that caused the complication? All the best......

Chris H said...

I hope your return to work goes well... just sit on ya bum all day and do as little as possible. They ask too much from their staff... poor Stew is exhausted.