Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'll be a great Great Aunt!

My lovely niece and her husband rang last night.. a huge surprise because she doesn't ring very often.  But I guessed it had to be something really important .. like she was pregnant!!  And I was right!  Yay
Stacey and Dave are having a baby which will make me a Great Aunt for the first time.  I am so so excited for them. (yeah and me)... They will have been married five years in January .. where has that time gone.  So I think I'll make another eye spy play rug for Grandma and Granddad's house..   I'll make one for my little great niece or great nephew later! 

5 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Karen,

Congratulations to your niece and her husband and how exciting for your family.
Hope that you are having a lovely weekend and staying warm.

Hugs
Carolyn

Barb said...

I am so happy for you and your niece .....how fun!!

Chris H said...

Cograts! I am already a Great Aunt!

tizart said...

Congrats. Wait till you are a greatgreat Aunt that makes you feel really old like ME!!! Idon't even know how many there are. I have 34 nieces and nephews. At least I have some nieces only 10 year younger than me AND they are QUILTERS!! That is the coolest thing ever!!!!

Unknown said...

With all the sadness in your life this year, this is the joy you needed. Start making baby quilts...I mean now, as they need lots.
Hugs..