Monday, June 7, 2010

Not only the Queens Birthday!

I've had a wonderful weekend in Wellington with my two sisters for Raelene's birthday today!  She loved the belly roll of batiks.  And appreciated the fact that I cut some of my favourite fabrics up to give to her. 

We did a lot of walking over the weekend .. around the shops of course. Watched 2 movies "It's Complicated" and "Julie and Julia" about Julia Child... both chick flicks but a neat way to spend the time with your sisters. Both of my sisters were knitting gorgeous baby hats.. for friends.... and I sewed the binding onto my tablecover.

Last night we went to Carmen, ballet at St James theatre.  That was our birthday present from our little sister Deb.  First time for me but absolutely amazing.  the strength and flexibility these dancers have was awesome!  The storyline was easy to follow and I hadn't read the programme!  I wouldn't say I'd go to every ballet but I certainly enjoyed it. 

Tonight I'm going out to Trentham for a sewing group and to make some aprons for my sisters and me, and also to make luggage labels with a difference as they're both heading overseas in September (seperately) with their partners.  I saw the pattern on the net and well, you'll never get confused with someone else's label.  I'll post some photos when I get them done.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend with good company.

5 comments:

highwaycottage said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I have plans to watch both those movies but it will have to wait till hubby is away for work.

I spent the day sewing with my group, nice way to spend Queens Birthday.

Chris H said...

How lovely that you got to spend the weekend with your sisters. You must love them!
I think my idea of hell would be a weekend with my sister! That is just so sad, but true.
lol
I had a lovely weekend with my hubby... even though it was wet. NOT cold though!

Unknown said...

I loved both those movies, but don't read the Julie and Julia book....ever. The movie was so much better than the book. She was such a whiner in the book! I couldn't finish it, but the movie rocked....remember the line where someone reads her blog? Don't you just remember that feeling? Totally like we all felt when it happened.

Chris H said...

IT'S WEDNESDAY; so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Draffin Bears said...

happy Birthday dear friend!
Sounds like you had a great weekend with Raelene and Debbie.

Enjoy your special day
Love & hugs
Carolyn