Sunday, June 12, 2011

A quilt for Isaac FINISHED.

I've just returned from Nelson where I went to meet my new and only great nephew Isaac.  He is sooooo beautiful and so snuggly.. Aren't babies gorgeous?  Here's a photo of his quilt and cushion I made.  He seemed to love the colours.

I tried to embroider the letters of his name in the blocks.  First time effort but I think it was a great idea.

Little Isaac (3 months old) after a bath.  Babies are all gorgeous (especially when they're not your own) but Isaac is the wind beneath my wings, he has melted my heart .....again, as did my grandchildren when they arrived... Isaac fell asleep in my arms one night and it was Awesome, how precious is a sleeping baby.. those tiny features snuggled up close, content and warm.   I am so in love with Isaac.. can't wait to see him again. 


My lovely niece and her husband have built a new house close to Nelson on a few acres.  They have so many amazing visitors....beautiful birds, rabbits etc including these gorgeous pukeko's striding across the section. 

There's been a lot of rain down there as this photo shows.  Even had ducks in the water one day.  I sat in the lounge and the view was so peaceful and relaxing.  How lovely to live in the country close to town. 

I took another photo of the quilt I made for my niece and her husband as a wedding present 5 years ago.
It is a lovely quilt and I am still so pleased with how it turned out.
And now I'm back home again for the night and packing to go to Hamilton tomorrow to stay with my dear friend Myra.  The sewing machine is going with me this time, a week of sewing, catching up, fun and friendship.  The last time I saw Myra she had her first chemotherapy treatment 6 months ago.  That's now finished and I'm looking forward to celebrating with her.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Sooo cute....love both quilts!

Chris H said...

Awwww Isaac is A..DORABLE!!! so are the quilts obviously, but babies are something special.... I melt over them too.