Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Free pattern for a fun quilt

The Q and the U have a fabulous scrappy quilt on there blog called the  Not Wink quilt.  It is gorgeous but when I had a look at the tutorial I was stunned by the creativity.  You just need scraps of 2 1/2" wide..

And now that I've shared that with you all, I'm back to reverse quilting my baby quilt.  Don't like the cotton and the stitching so I'm going to quilt it with wavy lines in a creamy white colour.  Binding problem is solved AND out of my stash!!!   And I'm quilting his name into the middle of the blue squares.. there's enough squares plus one so that will be a heart! 

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Wow that scrappy quilt is lovely... don't see how you need a pattern for it though!

Unknown said...

Believe me the pattern is all the fun. Working in strips is something I can do as leaders and enders so the length would grow overtime. I reckon cutting the lengths into strips would be fun. You won't know what it'll look like till it's done!