Saturday, February 7, 2009

All but finished

Only to be quilted now but the floral scrappy table cover top is
finished. It's supposed to have a wide border on it but it's plenty big enough for my table now and so I'll just put a cream and white scrappy binding on it. I'm going to call it Fudge! because there is an awful lot of fudging in this top. I made it before I bought my new machine with 1/4 inch foot and still learning... a lot of quilting and you won't notice it! It'll be a playground for me to practice freemotion quilting... there's no way it's going to a quilter haha.

Why do I keep making quilts Chris.. Quilting makes me feel great. It's therapeutic when I need a buzz, it's inspiring, it's motivational, it's the reason why people say 'you're clever, that's beautiful' and it makes me feel like a million dollars when I give it away! And I'm an addict and I can't stay away from Arthur Toye's $4 a metre sales!! I haven't made enough for the wardrobe yet haha... but I do want to make enough for my kids and grandkids to have something from Nan eventually. So I better carry on... haha. Time you made another one Chris!

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Beautiful Karen and you must be so thrilled with it,
Job well done.

Have a great week.

Hugs
Carolyn

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love that name!!! FUDGE