Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas is upon us!!

Eeek, it's less than a month away and I am not prepared at all.  Lucky I only have 4 grandchildren and a great nephew to buy for and my dear friends Myra and Martina.  I have been busy trying to do a few little things but should have posted a parcel to Germany a month ago.  Oh well, Martina my dear friend, it will be a New Years surprise.

Today I received an unexpected gift from Martina.  It is such a treat to come home and find a parcel waiting for me.  I'm like a kid at Christmas opening it believe me.  It's so exciting.  Thank you Martina, I am so glad we met, I really enjoy sharing our love of quilting and friendship.

Another magazine from Germany with lovely
Christmas projects and a pack of Christmas fabrics from Germany.  The selvedge says tante Ema - Aunty Emma.  hehe It's so special .  I know what I'm going to make with them for NEXT Christmas. 
 Whoops the photo is upside down up there but you can see the pretty colours.  Today ws our Christmas party at our local Quilting Club. Here are some of the quilts I would love to have in my room...



We had a 'bring a plate' lunch.  Someone had gone to a lot of trouble to make Reindeer biscuits with pretzels for ears! 
Pretty bright Christmas trees.  Sideways.. sorry but I'm off to bed, so too tired to straighten it.



Rhododendrons are all in flower here in New Zealand .  My grandmother had several in her garden so they always remind me of her.

And goodnight from Wellington New Zealand where the wind has stopped, the blue sky is back and everything looks perfect.  Flowers are starting to emerge, trees are green and I can sit in the park at lunchtimes.  I love this time of year.

3 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

There is nothing like getting an unexpected letter or gift :-).
I enjoyed the Christmas quilts from your quilt group.
Have a great weekend or should I say sunday to you now?

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Sorry I missed the party! I hear you have expressed an interest in joining the Crazies expedition? hehehe, you know what I mean! yay! We had so much fun putting Fab together and the Expedition is a walk in the park by comparison!

stufenzumgericht said...

Dear Karen,
it's so funny, reading about your X-mas preparing in summer, while winter is starting here ;-) Your Christmas quilts are really amazing, you are such a talented quilter. I'm happy, that you'd love tante ema-fabric, isn't it cute ;-) Hugs from Martina