Thursday, January 13, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.  Isn't this little fella gorgeous.  He's only 13 months but has been walking since 10 months.  I love this photo.. Wonder what he's thinking?? 

Christmas was a lovely day with my daughter Annette, her husband Brendan and my grandson Cameron and my son Ken togethere with Brendan's family. This little fella is Brendan's great nephew!

I've just returned from my holiday and I have had an awesome time catching up with friends and especially with Myra.  Two weeks went by and it seemed like I'd only been there a few days (Even Myra agreed haha!).  We had a lot of good fun time together before her Chemo. 
I tried to get photos of Myra who is photophobic like me.  I even went into the other room and was trying to surprise her but she knew what I was up too!!  Haha  However I did persuade her to have a photo in hospital of her BEFORE Hair... She's hoping it'll grown back thick and curly!! 


Firstly I helped by unpacking her boxes of craft and fabric.  It's so much fun unpacking someone else's treaure.  You don't know what is in the next parcel!!!  And I moved furniture.  One afternoon she opened her bedroom door and couldn't believe her eyes haha.  I'd moved some of the furniture around the lounge/sewing room.  Hehe.  I put up shelves and displayed her beautiful collections.  And of course Myra had Zillions of Buttons... oh joy!  I had to play!!

Look at these beautiful colourful old suitcases all filled with old treasures including the doillies she gave me for my quilt.
Myra is so grateful for all the beautiful heart blocks she has received from Kiwiquilters and friends in New Zealand and from quilters overseas who have sent hearts and parcels to show her they care.  Most of the hearts are received from strangers but it is so healing receiving such beautiful treasures.  While I was there Myra received 2 more packages and the look on her face and the excitement in her voice was awesome.  So on behalf of Myra and myself thank you all so much from the bottom of our hearts.  When Myra is feeling a lot better I'm sure she'll work out a plan for one or even two quilts. 


I'll post photos on the next post of the hearts.  For some weird reason Blog is downloading photos I haven't selected????  Those who sent 2 or more .. the hearts are pinned together to the envelopes and I didn't undo them for the photo as I was leaving. 



1 comment:

Barb said...

That picture is adorable.....

Your friend is so lucky to have you...