Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Kind of Christmas

I've pinched this off someone's blog. Really like it.

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. But here it is Summer!...cool white wine.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Presents are always wrapped.

Colored lights on tree or white? Both

When do you put your decorations up? this year, it was about 5th December. I wasn't going too but my Dad loved Christmas and being Santa and I can imagine him saying "Life goes on"!

What is your favourite holiday dish? Roast Lamb and mint sauce

Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas at my grandparents. They loved their garden and had very little lawn. In fact it was around the clothesline and they had to take the clothesline down to put the tent up for Christmas lunch. There were 17 grandchildren all up and Nana made steamed pudding with all the 3p coins in. There was always Santa too who delivered Nana's presents. How precious those memories now.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Friends at school told me it was your parents but I never let on I knew or I wouldn't get a stocking full of presents. When I was 12 I was allowed to help Mum wrap presents up on Christmas Eve.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. Definitely not. I love opening them all on Christmas Day.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Balls and ornaments first thn tinsel. 2009 I'm going to make special ornaments for everyone in my family, keepsakes. Christmas is here next year. I want to make it very special.

Snow! Love it or Dread it? I think I've seen it three times in my 51 years. It's very pretty but I wouldn't like to live with it. I don't handle cold very well.

Can you ice skate? Never tried. I don't have very good co-ordination so doubt I'd be any good.

Do you remember your favorite gift? It would have to be something my children made for me. I still have a lot of them.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family get togethers.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Nana's Steamed pudding and custard (with the 3p bits in of course.)

What is your favorite tradition? Writing a letter for Santa and leaving him bikkies and drink. For my grandchildren this year we made skid marks on their lawn and left bits of carrot.. haha.. How precious is their innocence.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? I enjoy both, but I do love to give presents especially sentimental ones like fixing my daughters 34 year old doll and making her new clothes. She was so surprised.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas Day by David someone.

Ever recycled a Christmas present? Um, I was going to pass on some hand cream (how many jars does a girl need?) which obviously was passed on to me because it was already past it's useby date!

What would you like for Christmas....
If you were feeling greedy? Enough money to be debt free.
If you weren't feeling greedy? Good health.
If you were being practical? Have my conservatory roof lined so I could use it as another room (It is too hot to use it even with shade cloth I put up today)
If you had a present for one day only, (then had to give it back)?
Stupid I know but I'd love to have a hug from my Dad who died 3 months ago today.

The gardening is nearly finished and my little garden shed is clean. but I have a skip bin outside which is rather full already. How disgusting to have so much junk!

No comments: